Menter Brycheiniog a Maesyfed
Welcome to the Menter Brycheniog a Maesyfed website, which gives you the latest news about our work. Menter Brycheiniog a Maesyfed is a Welsh language initiative which aims to promote and increase the use of Welsh within the communities of south Powys.
You can browse through our site by clicking on the buttons on top of the page or by looking at different areas for the latest on our work, information about Welsh language events for children and young people and don’t forget to have a look at the events list.
Menter Brycheiniog a Maesyfed is supported by the Welsh Government and Powys County Council.
- Pencampwyr Penlan - Fri 24 Jul 2015 -
- Canal Trip - Wed 20 May 2015 - Cymraeg i Oedolion is organising a trip on the canal on June 3rd for Welsh speakers and learners. The cost of the trip is £5. Phone or email Anika Lloyd for more details. You must book a place by May 27th!
- Bus trip to the Eisteddfod - Thu 14 May 2015 - Cymraeg i Oedolion are organising a bus to the National Eisteddfod in Meifod. For more information, please contact Anika Lloyd, email@example.com
- Coffee Morning - Thu 30 Apr 2015 - Menter Iaith Brycheiniog a Maesyfed is holding a “Bore Coffi” at the Maescar Hall, Sennybridge at 10.30 on the 15th May. Entry is £2 and includes tea or coffee and something sweet! It is an excellent opportunity to meet the new Menter Iaith Co-ordinator, Bethan, to see the new office in Sennybridge and also to socialise ...
- A Special Presentation for St David’s Day - Tue 24 Feb 2015 - Keith Bush from the Carnhuanawc Society will be presenting a talk on the great local Welshman Thomas Price Carnhuanawc. Builth Wells High School In the Bwyty at 7.30 Monday 2nd March
- O Dan y Pridd - Wed 26 Nov 2014 - Brecon’s Welsh medium children and youth theatr company – DAI y Bannau are currently working on a new production of ‘O Dan y Pridd’. The production will be performed at Brecon’s Theatr Brycheiniog at 6pm on 19 December. Tickets are available by telephoning the box office on 01874 611622.
- Social Evening With Bethan Gwanas in Llandrindod - Mon 17 Nov 2014 - The author Bethan Gwanas will be visiting Llandrindod in early December to talk about her life and work writing for adults, young people, and people who are on the journey to becoming Welsh speakers. Bethan is wonderfully entertaining with a great love of life, so if you’ve got a bit of Welsh, come along for the ...
- Siop Siarad Ystradgynlais - Mon 13 Oct 2014 - Following the unfortunate closure of the Jeffs, Siop Siarad Ystradgynlais is back at a new venue – Cafe Chameleon at the Gough Arms, Glantawe Road. Siop Siarad is an informal group for Welsh learners and Welsh speakers and meets every 2nd Thursday of the month. Usually consisting of 6 to a dozen friendly attendees, it’s an opportunity ...