Menter Brycheiniog a Maesyfed
Welcome to the Menter Brycheniog a Maesyfed website, which gives you the latest news about our work. Menter Brycheiniog a Maesyfed is a Welsh language initiative which aims to promote and increase the use of Welsh within the communities of south Powys.
You can browse through our site by clicking on the buttons on top of the page or by looking at different areas for the latest on our work, information about Welsh language events for children and young people and don’t forget to have a look at the events list.
Menter Brycheiniog a Maesyfed is supported by the Welsh Government and Powys County Council.
- C’mon Cymru! - Thu 04 Feb 2016 - With the Six Nations tournament starting this weekend, Menter Brycheiniog a Maesyfed has been out on the streets of Brecon looking for some Welsh supporters! Do you recognise any of these rugby fans? If you’d like a C’mon Cymru board, get in touch – remember to upload your pictures using the hashtag #CmonCymru !
- Welsh Language Music Day – February 12th - Thu 04 Feb 2016 - How will you celebrate Welsh Language Music Day? Join Alun for a chat on 05.02.16 between 2.30 – 3.30 p.m. in Tesco, Ystradgynlais to record a special radio programme to celebrate the amazing music we have here in Wales!
- JOB: Children and Families Officer - Wed 20 Jan 2016 - Menter Brycheiniog a Maesyfed is looking for an enthusiastic individual to join us as a Children and Families Officer, organising Welsh language events for young children and families across Brecknock and Radnor. The ability to speak Welsh is essential for this post. If you know of someone perfect for the role, search the job on the Powys County ...
- Committee meetings for Urdd Eisteddfod 2018 - Mon 11 Jan 2016 - Tonight in Ysgol y Bannau, Brecon at 18.30!
- Traditional Welsh Plygain Service - Tue 15 Dec 2015 - There will be a traditional Welsh carol service, known as a Plygain, ein Cwm Camlais Chapel on January 3rd, 2016, at 4pm. All welcome, however there is limited parking outside the chapel so please share lifts where possible!
- Christmas Party for little ones! - Wed 02 Dec 2015 - Christmas Party for little ones in Bishop Bevan Hall on Dec 7th between 1-3pm. Free entry, refreshments available. Crafts, Welsh Christmas songs and a visit from the man himself, Sion Corn!
- Christmassy evening - Wed 02 Dec 2015 - A meeting of the committee at 7pm followed by mince pies, mulled wine and carols to get you in the mood for Christmas – and all yn Gymraeg! All welcome – a great chance for learners to use their Welsh.
- Urdd Eisteddfod to come to Showground in 2018 - Wed 11 Nov 2015 - Europe’s largest youth festival, the Urdd Eisteddfod, is coming to the Royal Welsh Showground in 2018, hosted by Brycheiniog a Maesyfed. A public meeting was held on November 11th in Ysgol y Bannau, Brecon, where around 60 people welcomed the festival to the area for the first time in 40 years. On January 11th, 2016, there will be ...
- Dysgwyl - Mon 19 Oct 2015 - Dydd Gwener Friday 23rd – free gig at the Llannerch, Llandrindod! Dydd Sadwrn Saturday 24th, a full day of activities suitable for Welsh speakers and learners, starting at 10am, Trefonnen School, Llandrindod. £7 for the full day, or £3 a session.
- Pencampwyr Penlan – 25th August - Fri 24 Jul 2015 -