Menter Brycheiniog a Maesyfed
Welcome to the Menter Brycheniog a Maesyfed website, which gives you the latest news about our work. Menter Brycheiniog a Maesyfed is a Welsh language initiative which aims to promote and increase the use of Welsh within the communities of south Powys.
You can browse through our site by clicking on the buttons on top of the page or by looking at different areas for the latest on our work, information about Welsh language events for children and young people and don’t forget to have a look at the events list.
Menter Brycheiniog a Maesyfed is supported by the Welsh Government and Powys County Council.
- New Children & Families Officer Appointed! - Wed 27 Apr 2016 - We are pleased to announce that Menter Brycheiniog Brycheiniog a Maesyfed have recently appointed a new Children & Families Officer – Tudur Rees. Originally from Ceredigion, Tudur studied Music in Cardiff University. After working as a music teacher, he joined Urdd Gobaith Cymru, working in Cardiff and the Vale to begin with. Since 2014, Tudur has worked in ...
- Cymry Bach Tref y Clawdd – Introduce Welsh to your little one! - Mon 15 Feb 2016 - Three free, fun sessions to help you introduce some Welsh to your little one through songs and stories. Sessions run in Knighton hospital, 4-5pm on a Monday, starting on 29.2.15.
- Welsh for the Family – taster sessions - Mon 15 Feb 2016 - Menter Iaith Brycheiniog a Maesyfed is working with Aberystwyth University to offer three free Welsh for the Family taster sessions. The sessions will be offered in Brecon and in Llandrindod, and are a great opportunity for the whole family to learn a bit of the language and to use it in a fun and practical way! For ...
- C’mon Cymru! - Thu 04 Feb 2016 - With the Six Nations tournament starting this weekend, Menter Brycheiniog a Maesyfed has been out on the streets of Brecon looking for some Welsh supporters! Do you recognise any of these rugby fans? If you’d like a C’mon Cymru board, get in touch – remember to upload your pictures using the hashtag #CmonCymru !
- Welsh Language Music Day – February 12th - Thu 04 Feb 2016 - How will you celebrate Welsh Language Music Day? Join Alun for a chat on 05.02.16 between 2.30 – 3.30 p.m. in Tesco, Ystradgynlais to record a special radio programme to celebrate the amazing music we have here in Wales!